6th Lewisham Blogger's Meet Up
To celebrate the 6th Lewisham Blogger's Meet Up I would like to reflect on the trends that have taken place since our first meeting on 18th November 2006. Firstly thankyou to Andrew Brown, and great to see The Dame, Clare, Michael, John, Andrew M, Claudia, Helen, Neil, Bob, Rob, and Max.
- More civic societies and local groups use forums or have a website.
- Bloggers and website creators have embedded dynamic content to keep a live overview of related content.
- Peoples expectations means they will persist in searching for local content, which is then shared through social networking.
- Bloggers study the source code of blogs which do something useful they could deploy themselves.
- Help forums for bloggers have demystified how it all works.
- TV, radio and newspapers have blogs and podcasts and discuss this on air.
- People who still aren't sure what this blogging is 'all about' suddenly realise they have been reading blogs without knowing it.
In the old days getting access to people with 'know how' was sometimes off limits to people outside certain spheres. Bloggers and readers can access people and expertise. We are evolving so quickly in this area we must not overlook this historic turning point.